Utah Campus Compact is currently recruiting for 1 full-time VISTA volunteer needed to assist Utah State University Service Center in supporting/promoting Service Center initiatives, developing sustainable partnerships with community organizations, and capacity building. The VISTAs (Volunteers In Service To America) in this project will act as community partnership coordinator on Utah State University campus in Logan. The VISTA also will encourage college students to be civically-engaged citizens by expanding service-learning and co-curricular service programs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include
- Developing and implementing a publicity plan for the Service Center
- Developing Service Center Media Kit
- Coordinating Service Center Online presence
- Strengthening the collaborative partnership with the Cache Valley Volunteer Center and Interagency Council
- Coordinating recruitment efforts with programs such as SOAR, Connections, Service Learning Classes, Housing, etc.
- Developing Service Center programming
- Facilitating the planning and execution of the USU Service Summit
College degree; strong interest and experience in college service programs; experience working with students and diverse groups of people; leadership ability; public speaking skills; strong writing and organizational skills; ability to drive; ability to make a full-year commitment.
Memorable experiences, professional development, a sense of belonging to a community, new challenges, an education award of $5550 or a post-service stipend of $1500, a living allowance around $800 each month of service, healthcare benefits, childcare service, student loan forbearance, and 1 year of non-competitive status for federal government jobs after successful term completion.
To learn more about the program and how to apply, please visit utahcampuscompact.org and follow the instructions under Prospective VISTA Member.