The mission of the Service-Learning in Northeastern University’s Center of Community Service (CCS) is to integrate classroom and community goals through transformative service partnerships that enrich the academic experience, inspire lifelong community engagement, and strengthen our local and global communities. The Associate Director & Service-Learning Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the vision for and ensuring service-learning is aligned with the academic plans of the University.
The Associate Director and Service-Learning Coordinator will have four priority areas,
1) Program Management: manage and implement the vision for service-learning, including coordinating the Service-Learning Advisory Board, and maintaining relationships with various service-learning stakeholders;
2) Faculty & Engaged Department Development: recruit, develop and support faculty members and departments to use service-learning in their individual courses and the overall curriculum;
3) Supervision & Support full-time and part-time staff and student employees in their support of the service-learning program;
4) Center Support: assist in achieving the goals and measure of the Center of Community Service.
The Associate Director & Service-Learning Coordinator will report to the Director of the Center of Community Service.
- A master’s degree and 4-6 years professional experience coordinating academic course-based service-learning at an institution of higher education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with faculty to develop, implement and assessing service-learning courses/initiatives.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with and supervising students, and building service-learning partnerships with community-based organizations.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environent.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse and urban environment.
- Familiarity with the Boston community desirable.
- A good sense of humor
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/21717