The Keene State College Student Center invites applications for the Coordinator of Community Service. The Student Center houses a number of campus-wide programs and services including Student Involvement, Greek Life & Student Leadership, Community Service, the Night Owl Café and Game room, Student Employment opportunities, and general student programming support. Our philosophy embraces the notion of student-staff partnerships and overall student development. Supervised by the Director of Student Involvement, this position will work in conjunction with and contribute to the Student Involvement program by providing oversight for Keene State College Volunteer Community Service Programs, support for service-based student organizations, creating and maintaining relationships with appropriate community agencies and campus partners, developing new volunteer opportunities and researching new or underutilized funding sources. The ideal candidate will have the ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude, communicate effectively with diverse populations and manage multiple priorities.
• Coordinate and enhance a well-balanced and varied Community Service program that includes trainings for student leaders, educational events, recognition for outstanding contributions and is based upon current student needs and professional best practices.
• Develop and advise a service-based student organization advisory board/council.
• Work with service-based student organizations to develop positive and meaningful programs including support for event planning, conducting trainings and the creation of new programs designed to enhance and develop the entire Keene State College community.
• Provide direct support and guidance for the Alternative Spring Break program, International Service Trip and student employment initiatives related to community service.
• Research, design and initiate new community service opportunities.
• Establish, maintain and strengthen collaborations between Keene State College and community social service agencies, local schools and appropriate state agencies.
• Collaborate with campus service learning initiatives and the Center for Engagement, Learning and Teaching (CELT).
• Actively promote a coordinated, organized and visible presence for both community service and service learning programs and opportunities in conjunction with the Center for Engagement, Learning and Teaching (CELT).
• Create opportunities for students that complement the academic mission and overall College goal for developing service-minded, civically-engaged, culturally intelligent leaders.
• Conduct periodic assessments and evaluations of the Community Service program.
• Participate in and support general Student Center and Student Involvement programming and management.
• Serve on College-wide committees as appropriate.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in a higher education setting including related work assisting in planning, organizing and coordinating educational programs; experience in advising community service-based student organizations and working directly with community service programs in a higher education setting; knowledge and practice of student development theory, and experience with fiscal management. Proven administrative, organizational, interpersonal and writing skills; demonstrated proficiency with computer applications.
Desired qualifications: Master’s Degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, or related field. Leadership experience with Alternative Spring Break or similar programs and working with service learning programs. Additionally, the College has identified desirable qualifications that support our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse campus community including the ability to speak a second language or to bring a multicultural perspective to the campus. Salary range: $39,480-$44,690, complemented by a competitive benefit package.
Application: Apply online at https://jobs.usnh.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52345.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following documents when applying online:
• Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
• Contact information for three references
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately; for full consideration, please submit application materials by February 29, 2012; and continue until position is filled or otherwise closed at the College’s discretion. Representatives will be attending the ACPA, Louisville 2012 Annual Convention, Louisville KY. Please indicate if you plan to be in attendance at the convention.
Keene State College, one of the leading liberal arts colleges in New Hampshire, has been ranked by US News and World Report amongst the top 100 regional schools in the North for the third year in a row. Keene State College is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges, a national alliance of leading liberal arts colleges in the public sector. The College is accredited by NEASC and its education programs are accredited by NCATE. Keene State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is engaged in an effort to build a community that reflects the diversity of society. The College is committed to hiring staff interested in serving students, faculty, and staff and that bring an appreciation of diversity to the campus.