DePaul University, the nation’s largest Catholic University, is a private, urban institution with 5 campuses and more than 275 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University’s faculty, students and staff represent a wide range of ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds.
The Coordinator (SA3) will report to the Director of the Student Leadership Institute. This position will support the overall programs, management and successful expansion of the DePaul University Student Leadership Institute (SLI) and promotion of socially responsible leadership throughout the University. The Coordinator (SA3) will serve in the important role of managing, advising, and supporting students who are actively participating in leadership programs and services, while collaborating with other student affairs and University programs. This position will oversee all aspects of the emerging leadership development initiatives, develop evidence-based leadership programs (workshops, campaigns, conferences) with special attention to under-served student groups and student organizations; manage the SLI website, develop strategic marketing and student communication, contribute to SLI assessment efforts and general report information, and coordinate all SLI student selection processes and manage its student teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, create and deliver evidence based, leadership workshops/initiatives/conferences for undergraduate students.
- Manage the development and delivery of emerging leaders programs, student leader and employee trainings, StrengthsQuest workshops/consultations, and voter registration/civic engagement efforts. This also includes: recruite, manage, train, and assess undergraduate student employees who support the delivery of programs and services and the marketing of SLI initiatives. This will require some work during the evenings and on weekends.
- Advise SLI students on how to utilize their leadership development experiences and involvement activities to gain future opportunities. This will include: coach students on leadership development issues and utilize leadership portfolios, and other related projects connected to the completion of SLI and University initiatives. This will also include: gather and review assessment and statistical reports on program participation, satisfaction, and learning outcomes, which will contribute to student service and immediate and long-term departmental strategic planning.
- Contribute to the strategic marketing of SLI workshops and other learning opportunities at the Loop and LPC campuses and oversee the strategic management of the SLI website.
- Provide outreach to first year students, underserved populations, student organizations and student leaders/employees.
- Collaborate on SLI leadership awards and recognition programs and divisional student leadership efforts.
- Work effectively with the management team within the Student Leadership Institute.
- Supervise undergraduate student staff members and student mentors.
- Track and reconcile departmental spending and produce reports related to expenses connected to his/her program responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Student Development, Higher Education or a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills.
- Interest and general experience marketing institutional programs/events within the University environment.
- Experience developing educational, experiential programs for college students and the ability to do so in an engaging, mission centered manner.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience, comfort, and efficiency with using Microsoft Suite Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & PhotoShop, etc.).
- Knowledge of leadership/human development theories and their application to undergraduate students in the University setting.
- History/commitment to working with college students related to promoting their development.
- Appreciation of, respect for, and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a good professional presence with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to effectively present information to and form professional relationships with students, faculty, and/or staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for workshops, conferences, training sessions, and meetings which are scheduled with undergraduate students.
- 2-3 years professional experience in higher education.
- Experience with student affairs programs or leadership development programs within a University setting.
- Website management experience.
Are you interested in joining our team of talented, motivated employees and helping DePaul serve its students and communities around the world? If so, go to https://hr.depaul.edu/careers/Jobs/index.html and select “Employment” at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University’s mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary http://hr.depaul.edu/ContributionFolder/Documents/Benefits/Benefits Summary 2012.pdf
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.