2012 Presidents’ Leadership Summit
October 15 & 16, 2012
Local communities, states, and our nation have seen enormous economic and community strife in recent years. Campus Compact believes that higher education offers the best possible solution to address many of these vexing challenges. Nearly all of our campuses are rooted in place. They are economic engines of their community, educate our workforce, and drive innovation. For more information
Other resources for member presidents:
- Recent Edition of Campus Compact’s Presidents’ Update from Maureen Curley.
- Read A Promising Connection: Increasing College Access and Success through Civic Engagement, Campus Compact’s white paper, published in 2010, about the potential for community/campus civic engagement to enhance student access to and success in college.
- Access Christine Cress’ presentation summarizing the authors’ findings in A Promising Connection.
- Read and download Five Dimensions of Enhancing Community-Campus Connections for Access and Success, created by Christine Cress.
- Read President DeGioia’s Keynote at the Presidents Summit kick-off dinner on Oct. 12, 2010.
- View Dr. Adam Green of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission’s presentation on Integrating Civic Engagement into State Initiatives.
- Download and read Ira Harkavy and Rita Axelroth Hodges’s report Democratic Devolution: How America’s Colleges and Universities Can Strengthen Their Communities from the Progressive Policy Institute
- View PPT by Montana State University President Waded Cruzado Student Success through Service: Creating Connections with the Community.
- Sign the Presidents’ Declaration on the Civic Responsibility of Higher Education.
- Learn more about the latest policy issues affecting campus engagement.
- Find models of presidential leadership.
- Use our service statistics to advocate for the public good of higher education.
- Scan quotes on engagement to use in your own speaking or writing.
- Find all you need to know about the Carnegie Community Engagement classification.
- Gain insight into the Federal Work-Study community service requirement.
- Read the Presidents’ statement of principles